The Marketing & Sales Intern assists with communicating our value to prospects and the public in the tech, entertainment and start-up industries.
In the average week, the job will involve filtering through our local and national prospects, and sending a pre-written e-mail communication to them. In addition, we have a back-to-basics approach to prospecting, and this charismatic, down-to-earth, technology enthused candidate would have to be open to connecting with local small businesses in-person, at meet-ups, and at networking events.
Other tasks will include blogging, client relationship management, project management, clerical and administrative work.
We’ll train you! Time commitment is an average of 1-5 hours per week.
- Social Media presence
- Creative with a love for technology
- Self-directed–We hate micromanaging!!
- Comfort with Google Drive and Dropbox
- A marketing/advertising/communications major (preferred)
- Prior promotions experience (preferred)
- High energy and enthusiastic with a willingness to grow with us
- E-mail a minimum of 20 of our prospects weekly
- Reach out to and visit local area mom and pop shops
Less Frequent Tasks
- Website blog posts (news, announcements)
- Client feedback, testimonial requests, and quality assurance through surveys (online and/or telephone)
- Customer Service requests (ex. E-mail account creation, website back-end updates, spam filter updates, change of copy on websites)
- Solicitation of client testimonials
- Meeting scheduling and calendar administration
- Online filing through cloud service
- Project management
- Aiding the CVO with time management and project milestone deadlines
- Assistance with client acquisitions
- Tracking of communication with prospects
- Tracking of online advertising progress
- Web Analytics review
- Provide suggestions to improve the firm